- Moisturise – the earlier you start the better! You’re never too old to start. Moisturise straight after cleaning your face and body to lock moisture to your skin.
Check out our related YouTube video that could help with your skin:
“How To Choose the Right Moisturizer”
- For double moisture and protection if you have a dry skin condition, it is better to moisturise both before and after your bath or shower.
- Don’t be afraid to moisturise if you have dry or oily skin. Moisturising with the right natural skincare product can actually prevent the skin from developing extreme dryness or extreme oiliness. If you use a natural body butter, you just need to adjust the quantity to suit your skin type.
- If you have dry skin, limit your baths and showers to 5- 10 minutes and use warm rather than hot water.
- During your bath or shower, using a fragrance-free face wash, body wash or natural soap bar can help prevent irritated skin.
- Use a sunscreen of no less than 30SPF, and preferably 50SPF on your face every day. If you’re staying indoors you should still use at least a factor 30SPF. Apply sunscreen at least 2-3 times throughout the day as it loses its protection.
Check out our related YouTube videos that could help with your skin:
“My Acne Story”
- If you have sensitive skin or a dry skin condition, you should opt to use a fragrance free natural/physical/mineral sunscreen. This will have zinc oxide as a main ingredient.
- By eating a wide variety of plant-based foods such as vegetables, fruit, herbs, spices, nuts, seeds and pulses, you can help to improve your skin and health from the inside out.
- By improving the health of your gut, you can improve the health and appearance of your skin. You can have fermented food and drinks, or a good quality probiotic to increase the levels of good bacteria.
- Eating massively processed and sugar laden foods regularly WILL have a negative impact on your skin and health
For more information, check our YouTube channel to help with your skin journey!